Navigating a career transition can be a difficult, confusing, and overwhelming process, but it doesn’t need to be. Having an experienced coach will accelerate your process of assessing your best career direction, prepare you for the job search, help you identify the best opportunities, prepare you to interview well and help you negotiate for the best compensation package.
The Aligned Career Coaching process provides a proven process, time-saving resources and on-going support. Throughout the process, the content and coaching style is customized to meet your particular needs.
The Aligned Career Coaching process includes some or all of the steps below:
ASSESS – Understanding Yourself
- Exploration of foundational values, passions, ambitions, and goals.
- Inventory of expertise, skills, and accomplishments.
- Creating a high-energy, positive perspective though rejuvenating activities.
- Use of standardized assessment instruments, including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Lominger Leadership Architect and the Birkman Method.
FOCUS – Determining Your Search Criteria
- Identifying factors of the ideal job situation.
- Choosing possible career paths to explore and validate.
- Defining preferred geography, industries, roles, work environment, and financial factors.
BRAND – Developing Your Marketing Materials and Strategy
- Developing your value proposition, positioning statement, and marketing message to others.
- Creating a results-oriented resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letters, and correspondence.
- Developing a strategy and plan for networking and information meetings.
TARGET – Identifying Your Targets, and Getting in the Door
- Determining target organizations and conducting research.
- Networking to your targets and other opportunities.
- Using online job boards and other resources.
- Working with executive recruiters.
CONNECT – Interviewing and Negotiating the Job Offer
- Responding to opportunities.
- Practicing and preparing for interviews, including video-taped coaching.
- Determining your Selection Criteria and evaluating offers and opportunities.
- Negotiating for the best compensation and benefits package.
And finally, preparing for a successful on-boarding process!