Support Your Employee with Personalized Career Services
Outplacement services provide benefits to both the employee leaving and to the sponsoring company. Working with a career transition coach accelerates an individual’s process of assessing their best career direction and conducting a job search. The company benefits by demonstrating to the employees who remain that the company cares about and takes care of employees it has to let go. By creating goodwill with the departing employee, it also reduces the likelihood of the employee later bringing legal action against the company.
The Aligned Career process helps the employee establish and maintain an energetic, positive mindset, assess their unique strengths and interests, identify the best career options, and prepare for networking and interviewing. Throughout the process we provide insights, advice, resources and motivation, while customizing our coaching to meet each individual’s particular needs. Three levels of coaching and resources are available, and lengths of programs can be scaled to your budget.
“I engaged Stuart to provide executive outplacement services for several of our senior executives. He was excellent! His knowledge of business, coaching expertise, accessibility, and humanity served transitioning leaders very well. I would engage Stuart again and recommend him highly.”
Rudd Johnson, Former Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Harry & David
“Aligned Career’s advice and good counsel was very helpful in making sure I left my company gracefully and made the right decisions during my transition; my coach also helped me keep a positive, up-beat attitude – which, looking back, made a big difference once I transitioned into a new position.“
Steve O’Connell, former CFO, Lenox Corporation
Outplacement services include:
- One-on-one coaching during the search process, both in person and by phone to discuss strategy, progress, challenges, setbacks, learnings and next steps. Meeting with spouse and family members if desired, to provide an overview of the process, support a positive perspective, ensure alignment of direction and support the family. Although the coaching process is structured, the coaching is customized to meet the employee’s specific needs and goals.
- A full range of resources to accelerate the job search, including a complete career transition workbook with exercises, templates, examples and advice on each step of the job search process.
- A variety of assessment instruments, including the Birkman Method, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Leadership Architect, interviews and a review of strengths to help clarify the role and work situation that would be the best fit for long-term career path and overall life aspirations.
- Branding support in preparing their a results-oriented resume, compelling LinkedIn profile and message to others.
- Networking assistance, including networking strategy, introductions to leaders and recruiters in our network, and review of cover letters and correspondence.
- Interview preparation, including practice interviews and debriefing interviews for improvement.
- Negotiating assistance, including salary surveys, strategies for salary discussions and advice on counter-offers.
- On-boarding preparation, including a workbook on Getting Started in a New Position and coaching within the first few weeks.
We have helped hundreds of individuals transition to new positions, and look forward to supporting your employees through their career transition.